You can order a marriage certificate online.
Phone or walk-in orders
You can order a certificate over the phone from most civil registration services. Some have a walk-in service. You do not have to order it from a service in the area the marriage took place.
Phone orders take around 5 working days to process.
Information you need to provide
To order a marriage certificate, you need to provide:
- full names before marriage
- date of marriage
- name and full address of church, civil registration office or venue where the marriage took place
A marriage certificate costs €20.
- €2 for each order in Ireland
- €3 for each order outside of Ireland
Years certificates are available for
Certificates are available for marriages registered in the:
- the Republic of Ireland from 1864 to present
- Northern Ireland from 1922