Adoption certificates are available for all domestic adoption records held by the General Register Office.
You can order an adoption certificate online.
You can also get an adoption certificate at the:
General Register Office,
Phone: 090 663 2900
Information you need to provide
To order an adoption certificate you need to provide:
- full name on the certificate
- date of birth
- adoptive parents' full names
- adoptive mother's full birth name
An adoption certificate costs €20.
- €2 for each order in Ireland
- €3 for each order outside of Ireland