A death certificate costs €20 to order online.
Postage for online orders is €1.50 per order in Ireland and €2 per order outside of Ireland.
Order a death certificate
You can order a death certificate online or contact your local civil registration service by phone, email or post.
To get a death certificate you need to provide:
- full name of the deceased
- date of death or approximate date if not known
- name of street, hospital, home, town where the deceased died
- former address of deceased
- age of deceased when they passed away
More information on ordering certificates online, by post or in person.