Sign up to the Quit plan
Preparation can help you give up smoking. Get ready to quit by:
- keeping a smoking diary - this will help you understand your smoking pattern and spot your triggers
- write down realistic ways to deal with or avoid situations that trigger you to smoke
- plan how you’ll stop smoking - make a Quit plan and set a quit date that you’ll stick to
- get support from specialist advisers and other people quitting at the same time as you
- preparing to cope with cravings and withdrawal - they won’t last forever
- thinking about whether nicotine replacement therapy (like patches or gum) or prescription treatments from your GP might help you
Getting the right support and medication can increase your chances of quitting successfully by 3 to 4 times. Contact us for help and advice.
You can also get advice if you’ve tried to quit smoking before and it didn’t work.