When you register online, we will send you:
- an email with a link to verify your email address
- a text message (SMS) with a code to verify your mobile number
- a text message with your or your child's appointment details – this could be a few weeks after you register
- a text message asking you to give consent and answer some medical questions
- text messages with any updates you need to know
Text message will be the main way we communicate with you.
You'll get your or your child's appointment details by text message, 3 to 7 days before the appointment.
The text will come from an 086 number.
You won't get your text message immediately. It could be a few weeks after you register.
We aim to schedule appointments within 3 to 4 weeks of registration. But it will depend on the supply of vaccines.
Changing an appointment
If you or your child cannot attend an appointment, you can ask for a new one. Children attending alone will not be vaccinated.
Reply to the text message we sent you with the word 'New'.
You won't be able to choose the day or time. You can only reschedule twice.
You will get a reply saying 'Your appointment is now cancelled. We will send you another text message with your new appointment details in the coming weeks.'
If you or your child miss an appointment, we will automatically schedule a new one.
If you miss 3 appointments, we will stop scheduling new appointments for you. You will then need to call the COVID-19 helpline to ask for a new appointment.
Verification email and text message
To make sure that you have entered your correct contact details, we will send you an email and text message at the very start of the registration process. We call this verification.
You will need to:
- Click on the link in the email that we send you. This tells us we have your correct email address. Once you click the link, we will then send you a verification text message.
- On the registration system, enter the code that we send you by text message. This tells us we have your correct phone number. The text will come from either +353 86 180 3140 or +353 86 180 3144
Verify your email address first. You will not get a text verification code if you have not verified your email.
Expired email link
The link we email you will expire within 24 hours. If you do not finish registering in that time, you will need to go back to the 'Register to get a COVID-19 vaccine' page and start again.
Text verification code not received
If you do not get your code by text message, click 'Resend Code' on the 'Verify Your Identity' page.
The link in your registration confirmation email will bring you to this page. The 'Resend Code' link is under the 'Verify' button.
The text verification code will be sent to the mobile phone number you signed up with.
Most people receive the code immediately. If you have not received the code after 15 minutes, call the COVID-19 helpline.
If you receive multiple codes after clicking 'Resend Code', use the most recent one.
Incorrect email or phone number
If you do not get a text or email you may have entered an incorrect phone number or email address.
Call the COVID-19 helpline if you think you may have entered incorrect details.
You cannot change your contact information online.
Last updated: 11 August 2021 at 2:25pm