It is important to keep your details up to date. We can then keep in contact with you about your card. Let us know if your circumstances change, or if you want to change GP.
Change of address
Let us know about a change of address through one of the following:
- Change your address information online.
- Telephone: 1890 252 919 (LoCall).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to supply a copy of a utility bill, or similar, as proof of address.
Change your GP
- Download the Change of GP form in English or Irish
- Complete the form and get your GP to sign it
- Post part 2 of the form to:
Client Registration Unit
PO Box 11745
Change in employment status
You may be able to keep your medical card if you start full-time work, after you have been unemployed for 12 months. You would need to have received a full rate social welfare payment for a continuous 12 month period.
If you start part-time work after you've been unemployed for 12 months or more, you may keep your medical card for 3 years.
If you begin a Government approved or sponsored incentive schemes (CE Schemes) you may continue to keep your medical card.
Dependent family members may qualify to keep their card, even if they become employed during this 3 year period.
If you receive the card for 3 years and continue working, eligibility will be assessed using the normal guidelines.
If there are any changes to your employment status, contact us.
Adding a child to a medical card
- date of birth
- PPS number
Change in circumstances
A change in circumstance can affect your entitlement to a medical card or GP visit card.
- Diagnosis of a serious medical condition.
- Recently becoming married, separated, or divorced.
- Recently becoming widowed.
- Your child/children no longer live with you.
- You have a child under 6.
- You are now over 70.
If any of these or any other changes affect your entitlement to a medical or GP visit card, please let us know.
If you were previously refused a medical card, you might now be entitled to one.
Please apply again.
If you have any questions telephone 1890 252 919 (LoCall).