Skip to main content

Warning notification:Warning

Unfortunately, you are using an outdated browser. Please, upgrade your browser to improve your experience with HSE. The list of supported browsers:

  1. Chrome
  2. Edge
  3. FireFox
  4. Opera
  5. Safari

Child sexual abuse - where to go for help and support

If you have concerns about child sexual abuse, please contact the Gardaí or Tusla.

They will:

  • arrange your appointment for a forensic assessment
  • make sure you have the support you need

Emergency action required: If the child has urgent medical needs:

  • go to an emergency department that sees children

Find your nearest emergency department


Phone: 112 or 999

Find details of your local Garda station -

Report child sexual abuse

You can report child sexual abuse to the Gardaí over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Freephone: 1800 55 52 22


You can also contact Tusla if you have a concern about child sexual abuse.

Find the contact details for your local social work department on the Tusla website.


CARI is a voluntary organisation that helps families affected by child sexual abuse. If you need advice, call CARI’s helpline.

CARI Care Line: 0818 924567 

You can also request a callback on

Page last reviewed: 1 March 2023
Next review due: 1 March 2026