Skip to main content

Warning notification:Warning

Unfortunately, you are using an outdated browser. Please, upgrade your browser to improve your experience with HSE. The list of supported browsers:

  1. Chrome
  2. Edge
  3. FireFox
  4. Opera
  5. Safari

If your circumstances change

If you get Fair Deal funding, you can request a review of your financial assessment.

You also need to tell us if your circumstances change.

Get a financial review

You can request another financial review 12 months after your last review.

But we can review the financial assessment at any stage if there has been a change in your circumstances.

Get a care needs review

If your care needs assessment finds you do not need long-term care, you can apply for a review.

You can do this 6 months after the assessment, or earlier if there has been a change in your health or circumstances.

Changes in circumstances

You must tell us if you or your partner’s circumstances change.

Changes in circumstances include:

  • the death of your partner or spouse
  • an increase in income for you or your partner or spouse
  • an increase in dividends from shares
  • any extra rental income or rental of your home or properties
  • the sale of an asset
  • the legal settlement or receipt of compensation
  • an increase in cash savings
  • an addition to relevant assets such as an inheritance or beneficiary in a Will
  • legal separation
  • your family successor is unable to meet the 3-year cap commitments

You can be fined if you do not inform your local nursing homes support office of changes in circumstances within 10 working days.

Contact your local nursing homes support office

Page last reviewed: 1 October 2022