Skip to main content

Child sexual abuse - where to go for help and support

If the child has urgent medical needs, go to your local paediatric Emergency Department.

If you have concerns about child sexual abuse, please contact the Gardaí or Tusla.

They will:

  • arrange your appointment for a forensic assessment
  • make sure you have the support you need


Phone: 112 or 999

Find details of your local Garda station.


Find details for your local social worker on Tusla’s website


CARI is a voluntary organisation that helps families affected by child sexual abuse. If you need advice, call CARI’s helpline.

CARI Care Line: 0818 924567 (standard charges). Lines are open from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm.

You can also request a callback through their website.

Report child sexual abuse

You can report child sexual abuse to the Gardaí over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Freephone: 1800 55 52 22

You can also contact Tusla if you have a concern about child sexual abuse.

Find the contact details for your local social work department on the Tusla website.

page last reviewed: 03/03/2020
next review due: 03/03/2023