After you receive funding
If you receive Fair Deal funding, you can request a review of your financial assessment. You also need to tell us of any change in circumstances.
Get a review
You can request another financial review 12 months after your last review. But we can review a financial assessment at any stage.
If your care needs assessment finds you do not need long-term care, you can apply for a review. You can do this 6 months after the assessment, or earlier if:
- we feel that there has been a material change in your health or circumstances
- there has been a change in a person's health or circumstance after the care needs assessment.
Changes in circumstances
You must tell us if you or your partner’s circumstances change. Changes in circumstances include:
- the death of partner/spouse
- an increase in income for you or your spouse/partner
- an increase in dividends from shares
- any extra rental income or rental of your home or properties
- the sale of asset
- the legal settlement/receipt of compensation
- an increase in cash assets
- an addition to relevant assets such as an inheritance or beneficiary in a Will
- legal separation
You can be fined if you don't inform your Local Nursing Home Support Office of changes in circumstances within 10 working days.