You can use the COVID Tracker app to:
- track how you are feeling each day
- find out if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- get advice quickly on what to do
Why you should track your symptoms
Logging your symptoms each day can:
- help you remember when you first became unwell
- be a useful reminder if you need to later speak with your GP
- help you to get trusted advice quickly
- help us to map and predict the spread of the virus
The app will keep a record of your daily check-ins for 28 days so that you can review them. Any health information you share on the app is anonymous.
You do not have to track your symptoms for the other functions on the app to work.
How COVID check-in works
Tap on the 'COVID check-in' button at the bottom of the app.
You'll see 2 options you can choose from:
- 'I'm good, no symptoms'.
- 'I'm not feeling well today'.
If you have no symptoms
Choosing ‘I’m good, no symptoms’ completes your daily check-in.
If you have symptoms
If you choose ‘I’m not feeling well today’, you’ll be asked 4 questions about the common symptoms of COVID-19.
You'll get the most up-to-date health advice based on your symptoms. But if you have symptoms of COVID-19, self-isolate and phone your GP
Optional information sharing
When you first use the app, you'll have the option to share:
- the county and town you live in
- your age group
- your sex
You can choose to share the information or not.
Last updated: 26 November at 3pm