We plan to restart BreastCheck in September/October.
Our plan to restart screening will depend on public health advice as the coronavirus restrictions continue to ease.
We will continue to closely review this guidance to make sure conditions remain safe for both you and our staff.
We will update this webpage in the coming weeks with more information. If you would like to contact us, Freephone 1800 45 45 55.
If you have been recently screened
We are continuing to:
- review mammograms that have been taken
- invite women to an assessment clinic if needed
This is to ensure care continues if you have been screened.
We will phone you a few days before your appointment.
But appointments may only go ahead if:
- we have staff available
- staff in hospitals have availability to see you
If you have symptoms - phone your GP
Contact your GP without delay if you have any symptoms of breast cancer. Never ignore symptoms.
Symptoms of breast cancer can include:
- a lump in either breast
- discharge from either of your nipples (which may be streaked with blood)
- a lump or swelling in either of your armpits
- a change in the size or shape of one or both breasts
- dimpling on the skin of your breasts
- a rash on or around your nipple
- a change in the appearance of your nipple, such as becoming sunken into your breast
If you have a new continuous cough and a high temperature, please follow the self-isolation guidance.