Use this service to book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment for:
- your second booster dose - people over 65 and people over 12 with a weak immune system
- your first booster dose - people aged 12 and older
- dose 1 and dose 2 - people aged 5 and older
Getting your second booster dose
You can book an appointment for a second booster dose now if you are:
- 65 years or older, or
- 12 years or older with a weak immune system
Second booster doses will be open to new groups soon. We will update this page with information on when and how you can get your vaccine.
How long to wait
You should get a second booster at least 4 months (at least 120 days) after your first booster.
If you have had COVID-19 since your first booster, wait at least 4 months before you get a second booster.
Getting your first booster dose
You can book an appointment for your first booster if you are 12 years or older.
12 to 15 year olds must attend their booster appointment with a parent or legal guardian. A parent or legal guardian will need to give consent for their child's vaccination.
After your first round of COVID-19 vaccination, you need to wait:
- 3 months (at least 90 days) if you are 16 or older
- 6 months (at least 179 days) if you are aged 12 to 15
If you had COVID-19 since you were vaccinated, you should get your booster dose at least:
- 3 months after your positive test result or when symptoms started if you are 16 or older
- 6 months after your positive test result or when symptoms started if you are aged 12 to 15
If you had an additional dose because you have a weak immune system, get your booster dose at least 3 months after your additional dose.
Getting dose 1 or dose 2
To get your first round of COVID-19 vaccination, you must be age 5 or older.
There are separate vaccine clinics for:
- people age 12 and older
- children age 5 to 11
To book a dose 2 appointment, you need to wait at least:
- 21 days after your first dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine
- 28 days after your first dose of the Moderna vaccine
If you recently had COVID-19, wait at least 4 weeks before getting your dose 1 or dose 2.
The wait is from when you first developed symptoms or the date of your positive COVID-19 test.
Booking for a child
Book the correct clinic for your child’s age group. The vaccines offered are different for young children.
For people under 16, a parent or legal guardian must book their appointment and give consent for their vaccination. Children also need to attend their appointment with an adult.
If your child recently turned 12, they should attend a clinic for people aged 12 and older. Do this even if they turned 12 after their first dose.
Things you need to book online
To book online, you need a:
If you have problems booking online, phone HSELive on 1800 700 700.
We only collect the information we need to identify you, book your appointment, vaccinate you safely, record your vaccination and monitor the vaccination programme.
Walk-in vaccination clinics
You can also go to a walk-in vaccination clinic without an appointment.
Last updated: 27 July 2022 at 5.40pm