Keep your contacts low
By keeping your number of contacts low you will help to:
- protect yourself and others from COVID-19
- ease the pressure on the COVID-19 testing and contact tracing systems so they’re available when people need them
- reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community
- avoid or minimise the need for another lockdown or higher government restrictions
If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19, do not meet other people. Cancel your plans, self-isolate (stay in your room) and phone your GP.
Tips to help you socialise safely this Christmas
Here are some tips to help you socialise safely this Christmas:
- Pick the people you want to see most and reduce your contacts wherever you can.
- Meet up outside, or in a well ventilated place with an open window and a flow of fresh air.
- Meet for a walk or cycle, or any outdoor space.
- Wear a face covering when you’re indoors, and when you’re in a crowded outdoor space.
- Wash your hands properly and often.